Mexican Red Sauce
- Cut the tomatoes, serrano peppers, garlic clove and onion.
- Place them in the blender with ¼ cup of water, and blend until smooth (or slightly thick, if you prefer).
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, and pour in the sauce and stir.
- Once the sauce starts to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 13-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all the ingredients are cooked through. If needed, add more water; this will depend on how juicy the tomatoes are.
- Once done, season with salt and serve.
This sauce will keep well for about 3 days in your refrigerator.
Serve with warm tortillas or use tacos, fried eggs, tostadas, etc.